#3 Retool Your Presentations & Marketing Pieces (third in a series)
While you’re waiting for your local market to turn around, invest time in updating your presentations and marketing pieces. This is a great opportunity to give them a fresh look, which will help distinguish you as a real estate professional.
If your company provides starter templates for you, be sure to use the latest version or, if you use PhotoShop, you can create your own background designs. Many of us would prefer to download a simple, appealing background from the Internet. For example, I purchased a really nice background from Dreamstime.com, and Microsoft Office Online offers many free real estate templates.
Here are some key design guidelines to keep in mind, when choosing a template. Be sure the template
- can incorporate your company’s logo
- is uncluttered, so it won’t detract from the information
- reflects your company’s color scheme (or you can change the colors to do so).
Now that you have created a new design for your presentations and marketing pieces, turn your attention to the content:
- Update your company information with the latest data
- Update your personal information, including recent achievements
- Use an recent professional photo of yourself, in every presentation or marketing piece
- Update all of the statistics, verifying them with company, census, and MLS sources
- Demonstrate your savviness in using today’s marketing techniques
- Replace clip art with high-quality photographs
- Plan to include photos of a prospect’s home in your Listing Presentation and photos of your marketplace in your Buyer’s Presentation
- Include current information about your marketplace, and the vendors with whom you work.
You will find that just knowing you have verified current information and a modern design will increase your confidence in making presentations to prospects. It will also renew your enthusiasm for distributing your marketing materials and newsletters.